On 16th of September 2006 an agreement was signed with the Sudanese Standards and Metrology Organization, giving Commodity Inspection Services BV the authority to conduct the compulsory inspection as required under Sudanese law. The list of goods is not restricted.
The appointment of Commodity Inspection Services BV was received with much acclaim and enthusiasm by the Sudanese people and importers and by exporters to Sudan. Finally there is an alternative for the formerly inspection monopoly in Sudan!
With pleasure we received a "news flash" from our Kenya office that as of 10-02-2006 CIS Kenya is ISO 9001:2000 approved. Besides this the office was awarded two prestiguous Quality Awards (KQA & SMME).
June 2005 Commodity Inspection Services BV have established set-ups at Bagdad, Basrah and Umm Qasr offering following services:
- full attendance during unloading & daily reporting of events• trouble shooting
- insuring smooth discharging
- confirming smooth delivery to final Receivers
- damage assessment
- technical inspections & shop inspections
- container delivery and follow up of the return of the empty containers
As of the 1st of April 2005 Commodity Inspection Services BV are a registered Superintendent Member of The Federation of Oils, Seeds and Fats Association Ltd (FOSFA).